Friday, June 5, 2009

Waiting...waiting...

Well, another week gone by, and I am...amazingly...still pregnant! As of today, I am 38 weeks and 5 days, an unprecedented length of pregnancy for me. I feel like I should win some sort of prize for "longest gestation by a formerly preterm labor mama". But I'm sure that is not going to happen.

SOOOO, we sit....and we wait...and we sit some more...and we wait. I keep thinking that any minute now, my water will break, or I'll start having contractions, or SOMETHING, but Aaron seems perfectly content to quietly simmer...while I quickly outgrow the last of my maternity clothes.

That is no joke, I probably fit into 4 tops right now. I have to try and be very strategic about choosing which ones to wear and when. My criteria for choosing includes:
  1. Will I be seeing anyone familiar that I saw a few days ago who might notice that I'm wearing the SAME thing?
  2. How wrinkled is the said top?
  3. Does the top still cover the elastic waist band of my tightening pants?
If you think about it, what really is the point of going out and buying more clothes, this can't go on forever. However, going out and buying new clothes is probably a guarantee that I'll go into labor before ever being able to wear them....hmmmmm.

Yes, this is my life. And my pants, you ask? Oh, yes. I've been wearing the same ones for weeks now...don't worry, I wash them every other day or so...but I'm pretty sure that when all of this is over, they will be able to walk around by themselves. I might have to have them framed, they have lasted through all three pregnancies without a stain or a tear!

But all kidding aside, each extra day is a blessing and we'll take it for sure. Last week I was 2cm, and this week, my OB wasn't able to give us any measurements because Aaron's head is pressing so hard on my cervix that he said the front of the cervix was bulging. Sorry, probably sounds kind of gross. So I could still be 2cm, or I could be more, who knows!

The interesting thing to me...and you are all witnesses to this...is that Sunday night is a full moon. Now, the theory is that a full moon can cause some women to go into labor. I don't think I would normally believe this, however, when I worked in the MICU on night shifts, full moons have a strange way of making things absolutely nuts in a hospital. So, I will be letting you know if we end up making a trip on Sunday night!

Oh, I had to share these adorable pics that Nana Fulling took of Addison dressing up and playing outside. Who knew she was such a girlie girl!!

Finally, a smile in front of the camera!!

2 comments:

carridawn said...

ADORABLE PICS!!! She is so beautiful!
Can't believe you are still "cooking"! Need to have a picture taken of yourself - I miss seeing you! I know that you look beautiful, glowing, and so happy with all of the blessings in your life. I can be another witness in the hospital to the full moon theory. We'll see if you follow it too ;) Lots of love to you!

scott and terri said...

"I feel like I should win some sort of prize for 'longest gestation by a formerly preterm labor mama'. But I'm sure that is not going to happen."

LOL. Way to go Anne! Isn't it wild when your body finally works like it's supposed to? (From one who's been down that path as well.) You do have a prize coming - he's just not arrived yet. < very big grin >

Terri