Monday, June 8, 2009

Full moon myth....BUSTED!

Ok, I'm still pregnant. Full moon was last evening...not even a contraction or a twinge of discomfort. 39 weeks...

...and counting.

To break up the monotony of my pregnancy saga, here is a funny story about Emily:

At church yesterday, we are sitting in the pew while our Pastor is giving the sermon. Emily looks up at me and spreads out her fingers, showing me that the middle one of her left hand has an "owie" on it...a hangnail to be exact. Like any mother in the middle of the church sermon, I gave it a quiet kiss and whispered that we would put medicine on it when we got home, and then turned my attention back to the sermon.

A few seconds later, I hear snickering in the row behind us. I look over at Emily, who is standing on the pew. She is turned completely around, facing the sweet family behind us, with a very somber looking face, showing THEM her owie.

However, instead of spreading out all of her fingers to show them, she was holding all of her fingers down with her other hand...

...except the middle one.

Yes, it was hilarious. Only I was about 10 shades of red, partly from embarrassment, partly because I was trying not to laugh out loud in the middle of the sermon. I quickly grabbed Emily's "hand of profanity" and pulled her into my lap, all the while she is saying "why are you laughing, mommy?"

1 comment:

carridawn said...

That is hilarious!!!! Totally could picture that! Maybe if you would have started laughing, it would have made you go into labor! That would have been quite a Sunday service ;) Thinking of y'all!