Thursday, December 4, 2008

All I want for Christmas...

A couple of weeks ago, Emily and I went to Chic-Fil-A for lunch. We were in the bathroom when a mother and her young son came in, and his mouth was a little bloody. I started talking to the mom, who told me that he had lost a couple of teeth during lunch, and she was just helping to clean him up a bit.

Emily is listening to this whole exchange, and watching the little boy with a bloody mouth with WIDE eyes. She looks up at me and asks,

"Mommy, what happened to him?"

I replied, "Well, when you get to be a little bit older, your teeth will start coming out and you will have new teeth that come in. You get to have BRAND NEW teeth!"

A few seconds go by, and I can tell that Emily is not convinced by my explanation. So she asks,

"Mommy, is he falling apart?"

No comments: