Monday, June 30, 2008

To Emily on your 3rd birthday!!

Dear Emily,



I can hardly believe that we just celebrated your 3rd birthday this past weekend! You are growing up so fast...it's just amazing. I'm sorry that this is the first official letter I've written to you. You will find out that Addison got one at 1 year old, but I was a little late on getting to yours the last two years! It doesn't mean that I love you ANY less!



It has been such an amazing three years with you, Emily. I have had more fun being your mommy than ANY other job or hobby I can imagine. You are such a precious blessing to us, a gift that can only come from God. You are truly an angel. It's so hard to write a letter like this because the fun things happen everyday that I want to share with you here, but my mind so quickly forgets all the little details! I'm afraid that if I try to write down all the wonderful memories with you for the last 3 years, the computer will become overloaded and will shut down all together.





Emily at 2 years old (June 2007)





When I think about you, these are the things that come to mind:





Precious little voice:


You have the MOST precious little sweet voice in the whole world. Nana Fulling says that you sound just like your daddy did when he was little. And not just when you are talking. That is adorable. But you also have an amazing ear for music. I remember at around 15-16 months old, you would play a note on your play piano, and then try to hum and mimic that same sound! You LOVE to sing, and your voice is the sweetest music to my ears. Some of your favorite songs right now are any songs from Mary Poppins or The Sound of Music, the Caterpillar song, Happy Birthday (to anyone), This Little Light of Mine, and Jesus Loves Me (sometimes you sing this at the top of your lungs when you're going to sleep).

July 2007


August 2007


Independence:


Emily, you are becoming a very independent little girl. I'm so proud of you because you, for the most part, want to try and do everything yourself. Whether it's getting dressed, going potty, riding your bicycle, or taking your plates over to the sink, you are showing your independent personality (and sometimes your stubborness, but I have NO idea where that might have come from!).

September 2007


October 2007


Thoughtfulness:


Honey, you are so thoughtful and sweet to others. Even at 3 years old, you do such a great job of sharing and caring for other people. I've seen you give flowers that you picked to little girls that you don't even know...give a small boy a hug who was crying. God has given you such a nurturing spirit, especially with your sister. It is so clear that you absolutely adore her. If she is upset and crying, you do whatever you can to try and comfort her...whether it's giving her a toy that you have been playing with, giving her hugs and kisses, or just saying a kind word to her. I love to watch the two of you together, and I hope that you will always foster this caring attitude toward her. She loves you so much.

November 2007


December 2007


Big blue eyes!:


Everyone talks about your "big blue eyes". Honey, you got those great eyes from daddy, I had NOTHING to do with it! They are amazing, such a crystal clear blue. I am constantly trying to take pictures that bring those eyes out!

January 2008



February 2008

Inquisitive:

I love this about you! You want to know "why" everything happens. It's great. It's so much fun to see you exploring the world around you and experiencing all the amazing things that God has placed before you. My prayer for you is that this part of your personality only grows stronger, and that you are NEVER afraid to ask why!

March 2008

April 2008

You and Jesus:

As a parent, this is the most important relationship that we are trying to foster in you. One of my favorite parts of the day is when we are laying down to say our prayers at night, and I ask you to tell me who you thank God for. I can't wait to hear what comes out of your mouth. Every night is something different and wonderful and sweet. Just tonight, you said, "dear Jesus, thank you for mommy, in Jesus' name, amen". Truly, there is just nothing better than that. You aren't afraid to talk to Jesus, pray to Jesus, and thank Jesus for everything. What a special girl He gave us!

May 2008


Funny:

You, my dear, keep us in stitches pretty much 24/7. The things that come out of that 3 year old mouth are hilarious! Whether it's your strange "doo doo da" that you started saying one day, or telling mommy that she is "gassy", or telling us that you need your "pivacy" on the potty, your funny phrases crack us up. And it's not just the things you say. You are SILLY, and that's so much fun! I love being silly with you. You are our Silly Hillbilly!

June 2008



Emily, thank you for being such an incredible, wonderful, amazing, sweet, sometimes dramatic little girl. I love you for always, even if you were none of those things. God has blessed us beyond our wildest dreams with you. He has placed in you a soft, nurturing spirit that I learn from everyday. I pray that this spirit grows within you, because I know that God has such special plans for you, honey. I love you so much...



Love, mommy






















1 comment:

carridawn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!!!
You are a precious and beautiful girl! The letter that your mommy wrote was sooo sweet - you are so blessed to have such a loving family. You are such a sweet gift from God. Wishing you a wonderful year with lots of fun! Sending you lots of love-
the moores