Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!

Well, this may be the day AFTER Father's Day that I'm actually posting this, but what can you do? Just want to give a shout out to all the daddies out there who do so much for us! I can't really leave it at that, though, without telling you a little bit about the reasons why I think my husband is really the BEST daddy of them all.


I know this may sound a little crazy to some of you, but when I first met Brian and got to know him a little bit, I just felt in my heart that whenever he finally had children, he was going to be one of those absolutely AMAZING fathers (of course, I was hoping that I would be the one having kids with him :) Well, I was right...he is an amazing father, AND I got to be the one to have his kids!


I have several reasons why I think he is such an awesome daddy.


He is the most patient person I've EVER met...


Truly, you have never encountered patience until you have met Brian. And for those of you who know him, you know that it takes alot to really get to him. Even when he's rattled by something, he still appears calm and collected. That is going to be so KEY when our girls are teenagers! I LOVE this about him and often pray for the ability to be as patient as he is.


He loves God...


I love that he loves God. To know that he and I are on the same page when it comes to teaching our children about the Lord is something that I cherish so much.


He loves us so much...


I'm pretty sure I can bet my life of the fact that when Brian wakes up in the morning, WE...the girls and I...are the first and foremost thing on his mind...I'm not sure Allie is included in this. And when he goes to bed at night, WE are the last thing he thinks about before he drifts off to sleep (the only exception may be when he's watching "The Deadliest Catch" or "Cash and Treasures" :) . He is always putting our concerns first with every decision he makes...sometimes to a fault. He rarely finds time for himself because he wants to spend it with the girls, or with me, or helping me with the girls when he gets home. AMAZING, I'm telling you.


I can't think of a more devoted, loving, fun, thoughtful and hilarious person that I would want to spend my days with, or have my children with. I love you so much, hon, thanks for all you do!!!


Love, A
Here are the pics the girls and I gave him for Father's Day

2 comments:

The Pruetz Family said...

Look at that beautiful family! Awesome pictures, Annie! Love them!

carridawn said...

What a beautiful family! The best gift for daddy - pictures of his gifts from God.
I loved your post - it was sooo sweet!
Sending lots of love to y'all~