Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day...2 days late!

I just wanted to wish all the amazing mothers out there a Happy Mother's Day!!! Really, any woman who has voluntarily changed a diaper, dried a teary eye, fed a hungry baby, held a sick child or played with a toddler for HOURS on end counts in my book as a mother. What a special day to lift up those women around us who do so much for us!



My mother is one of the most amazing people I know. She is so strong and courageous, and has been such a role model of strength to me with all that she has been through in her life. She is a proud survivor of breast cancer (going on 6 years!!) and has amazed me with how she took it all in stride...I know I wouldn't have handled it the way she did. When I was in high school, our family was dealt some hefty blows that ended in my parent's divorce, some serious financial troubles, and us having to move out of my childhood home. My mom, after staying at home with my brother and I for about 14 years, picked herself up, dusted herself off, and started her own business. It was a struggle for a LONG time for her, I'm sure there are things that she has yet to tell me about those years...but the entire time, she never stopped letting us be kids and do the things that kids need to do. She never gave up, although I'm sure there were plenty of times that she wanted to, and she was ALWAYS there to love and support us, through the good and the bad times.

I'm happy to say that she has been incredibly blessed beyond belief after those years of struggle and hardship. She is now married to an awesome man who I'm proud to call my step-father, and has 4 grandchildren to keep her busy. She is just an amazing woman, mother, friend, grandmother..and I am SO proud of her!! I love you, mom! Happy Mother's Day!!! Anne

My mom...

No comments: