Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Aaron's baptism

So, he may already be 8 months old...and we JUST got him baptized, but better late than never, right? We've had good intentions of doing this earlier...or at least, we talked about it frequently, just kept forgetting to schedule it! Truly, I feel like my mind is so fragmented and disjointed that I might put my head down somewhere and forget where I placed it.

Case in point: after a particularly dismal visit to the grocery store with all three kiddos (yes, I do this often, and no, I don't need medication...not yet, anyway)...and by dismal, I mean by the time we left, Aaron was crying because he needed a nap, Emily and Addison were fighting over whether or not Mr. Incredible can fly...which by the way, he cannot, he just jumps really high... and I was halfway through a very large bottle of red wine that I had just purchased in the store.

...just kidding about that last part, but I really wanted it to be true :)

ANYWAY, we get the three musketeers home, after enduring yet another fight over who's turn it was to pick out the music on the way home, (I'll give you one guess as to which two were doing the fighting), which then turned into Mommy's turn to pick music, which then erupted into a major meltdown in the backseat between the two females...that included real tears, high pitched wailing, kicking of little legs, and I can't be sure, but at one point I swear that the howling from the backseat resembled that of some sort of alien from another planet.

And when the meltdowns commenced, poor little Aaron was so terribly out-volumed (is that a word?) by the rantings of the girls, he stopped screaming and simply had a bewildered look on his face as he watched his big sisters rival the sound of a jet engine blasting down the runway.

SO, we get home and finally get everyone and everything in the house. Aaron went down for a nap, the girls collapsed on the floor, exhausted from all the screaming and crying, and I had a quiet minute to put all the groceries away. A few hours went by and I happened to go outside to get the mail.

...only then did I notice that I left ALL the doors on the van open, my purse sitting in the front seat, and the keys sitting on the floor...

So clearly, I cannot be counted on to remember scheduling a baptism.

But the day was wonderful, Aaron was adorable and so good, he didn't cry at all. The only bummer was that Emily had to miss the baptism because she was home with RSV. Oh yeah, did I mention that ALL THREE OF THEM HAD RSV AT THE SAME TIME??????

That was a treat, let me tell you. A story better saved for another time.

Here are some pics of the great event!


My cute little man!






















1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi - I finally checked out your blog. I love it! Look forward to seeing you Thursday.