Monday, July 14, 2008

Emily-ism

I have to share this so I don't forget it. I've already told the story to several people, but since these days I forget to simply put underwear on in the morning (this is an exaggeration...I promise), I thought I better share it on the blog, it's a priceless and probably very common toddler story.

We..meaning Emily, Addison, and myself...were recently in a public restroom with several stalls. You probably know where I'm going with this one...

Anyway, the bathroom was crowded, all the stalls were being used, and we had to wait in line for a short time. When we finally got into our stall, Emily was sitting on the potty, and proceeds to inform me very matter of factly AND loudly that "this bathroom is stinky, mommy!"

After deciding that this statement could have definitely been worse, I quietly replied with, "well, honey, it's a bathroom, sometimes that happens". I'm now trying to hurry things along, because there are still ALOT of people in the bathroom, both on either side of us, and more still waiting in line. Actually, I was hurrying things along because I had the sinking feeling that our conversation about the odor in the bathroom was not over by any means...I was right.

Get ready for it...

"Mommy, I think someone is going poo poo."

...there are just no words...

No comments: